How do I create labels and how do I add them to items?
Collection labels and central labels
Within a collection you can create labels and link these to items. The labels are easier to find in your collection when they are linked to items. There are two types of labels: collection labels and central labels.
- Collection labels: All teachers that work in the same collection can use these labels and create new labels.
- Central labels: admins create these labels and manage them, after which you can use them in your collections. These labels can also be linked to learning goals.
The different labels have different colors: collection labels are green.
Create collection labels
Collection labels are created per collection and can thus only be used in that collection.
- Navigate to Library in the navigation bar on the left.
- Click on the desired collection.
- Select the item(s) to which you want to add a label.
- Click Labels. You will see all existing labels in the drop-down menu:
- The labels with a cross behind them are personal labels. You can delete these if you wish.
- Use the search bar to search labels.
- Select the labels that you want to link to an item. Click Select all to select all labels or click Unselect all to deselect all labels (including the labels already attached to this item). Then click Apply.
- Is the label you want to use not there and do you want to create it? Enter the name of the new label in the search bar.
- Click Create new to create the new label. Then click Apply to attach the label to the item.
Search for a label
You can use the search bar to search for specific labels in your collection. You can do so by using the parameters AND, OR and NOT. Use always "Brackets" when typing the name of the label.
- Search for items with two specific labels: "nature" AND "music".
- Search for items with either one label or the other: "nature" OR "music".
- Search for items without a specific label: NOT "music".