How do I record a session? | Zoom
Recording in Zoom can be useful, for example when you want to upload the file as a class in Brightspace later. It is important to maintain the privacy of the other participants in your session. You can do so by following these guidelines, informing students about the recording and by following the steps below.
If you already had a RU Zoom account in the academic year of 2020/2021, you might have a license without the possibility to make recordings. Please contact the ISC to change your account.
Before you create a recording, it can be useful to check whether you have enabled the recording feature in your account setting. Go to zoom.us and log in to do this.
- Click Settings in the menu on the left;
- Click the Recording tab;
- Make sure Local Recording is enabled;
- You can choose whether you want to be able to have other participants record the session during the meeting.
You can now record sessions.
Keep participants out of the recording during screensharing
It is possible to change your settings to ensure that speakers are not recorded when you record your screenshare. Only your shared screen will be visible in the recording. You have to change this setting once for all future recordings.
- Start the Zoom application.
- Click the arrow behind Start Video.
- Click Video Settings.
- Click the Recording tab.
- Make sure the box for Record video during screen sharing is not ticked because of privacy reasons. From this point the participants will not be visible when you share your screen.
Please note! If you are sharing a screen, all participants will not be visible in the recording. If you stop sharing, all participants will once again be visible in the recording. Because of privacy reasons you thus have to turn off the recording before you stop your screen sharing.
If you do not want other participants than yourself and the guest speakers to be visible on screen during the recording if you have not shared your screen, then please follow the steps here below.
Prepare a session for a recording
Follow these steps if you choose to make a recording of the entire meeting where only the speakers are visible on screen:
- Start the Zoom meeting.
- Ask your guest speakers and co hosts if they can be present on time.
- Click the three dots in your own video image.
- Choose Pin to pin your video image.
- Use this method to pin the other speakers you want to be visible on your recording.
The thumbnail icons show which participants have been pinned.
- Now click View.
- Choose Speaker view.
Only the participants who have been pinned will be visible on your screen and will be recorded.
The display you set up and the pinning is personal. Every participant can choose their own display and determine which participants should be pinned. The display of the person who creates the recording will determine what will be visible in the final video.
If you choose Gallery view all 25 participants who are visible on your first screen will be recorded, even if you have pinned some participants.
The voices of all participants will be recorded at all times, even when they are not visible on screen.
Record a session
- Click Record to start the recording.
- Click Continue. The recording has now started. Participants of the Zoom meeting will now receive a notification stating that the meeting will now be recorded. They can then choose to remain in the session or to leave it.
- You can temporarily pause the recording during while you are recording. Click Pause/Stop Recording at the top or bottom of your screen.
- Click Resume Recording to resume the recording. The recordings will all be saved as one file.
- To stop the recording, click Stop Recording.
Start or pause a recording while screensharing
- While you are sharing your screen, go to the menu and then hover over More. Click Record.
- While you are recording you can pause the recording temporarily. Do this by going to More in your menu. Then click Pause Recording.
- To resume recording you use your mouse to go to More in the menu. Click Resume Recording. The recording will be saved as a single file.
- To stop recording you go to More in the menu and click Stop Recording. You can now also stop your screen sharing.
Save the recording
As soon as you end the meeting or leave as host, the recording will be automatically converted.
As soon as the conversion is finished, the folder containing the recording Zoom has created will open automatically. The file will be a .mp4 recording with image and sound. The file will be on your hard drive in: Documents / Zoom / [date of the recording].
This file can then be uploaded to Kaltura in Brightspace. Instructions can be found in the following manual: How do I add videos to my course with Kaltura?
If you pause the recording during the session and resume it at a later moment, then the file will be saved as one video.
If you stop a recording and then create a new recording at a later moment in the same session, then separate files will be created for each recording.
Participants who are not pinned will not be visible during the session. Tell the participants that if they have a question, they can use the raise hand feature. You will then receive a notification about the student raising their hand. You can also make use of an assistant who keeps track of the raised hands and questions from participants.
If you want to record and be able to see all speakers then you will need two computers. There are two options:
- Make an assistant co-host. This assistant can create the recording for you. The assistant has to follow the steps described above to ensure there will be no participants visible during the recording. The recording will then be saved on the assistant's computer.
- You can also participate in the session yourself on a second computer. You would have to use a different Zoom account or participate without logging into Zoom. The second computer can be in Gallery view, and the first computer can be used for the presentation and your recording.