How do I assign roles in my course to colleagues and how do I delete users? Administration | Classlist
When you have the Teacher role in a course, you can add colleagues to your course in the role of Grader, Grader-Builder, Builder and Observer. You cannot assign the role of Teacher, Student or cursist E-numbers, to another user, as these roles are assigned via the link with OSIRIS.
If you want to add working students or student-assistants to your course, they need to have an E-number or U-number.
If you want to learn more about the different roles and the rights associated with them, please read the article Which roles are available in Brightspace? Brightspace | Roles
- Navigate to Administration in the navbar of your course.
- Click Classlist.
- Click Add Participants.
- Then click Add existing users.
- Below Enrollment, select Include Users already enrolled in org unit if you want to include people who have already been added to the course to the search results.
- Search for the person you want to add by using their E-, U-, or Z-number.
- Select the person you want to add.
- Click Select a Role. Select the desired role in the drop-down menu.
- Click Enrol Selected Users.
- You will see a confirmation. Click Done to return to the Classlist.
Change a role
- Select the user for whom you want to change the role.
- Click Enrolment.
- Click the arrow next to the current role and select the desired role in the drop-down menu.
- Click Save.
If a user has the role teacher or student, you cannot change it.
Remove a colleague from a course
Apart from assigning roles, it is also possible to remove Graders, Grader-Builders, Builders and Observer from your course, for example because they are no longer active within a course (for example, think about working students).
- Select the user you wish to remove from the course.
- Click Unenrol.
- You will see a confirmation. Click Yes.
If a user has the role of student or teacher, they cannot be removed.