How do I add videos and other media to my course with Kaltura? Activities | Kaltura
You can add media from Kaltura to your course in the following two ways:
- In your course's Content you can add media to the corresponding course material.
- When you use Kaltura Course Gallery the student has to use Activities to navigate to the Course Gallery and then search for the desired video.
Use Kaltura to add media to Course Content
- Click on Content in the navbar of your course.
- Go to the desired (sub)module.
- Click Upload/Create.
- Click on Create a File.
- Click Insert Stuff.
- Click Add Kaltura Media.
- Click Select behind the video you want to upload.
A pop up window will appear with a preview of your video.
- Click Insert.
Your Kaltura video will now appear in the text box.
- Add text below the video if desired.
- Click Save and Close to publish the content file in the (sub)module and return to the previous screen. Click Save to save the video and remain on the current screen.
Please note: Is the video you want to add not visible? One reason could be that you are not the owner, but a co-publisher or co-editor. Kaltura automatically shows the videos you own (Media I Own). You can change the display to Media I Can Publish using Filters.
Don't see the filter button? Enlarge the window by dragging the bottom right corner.
Use Kaltura to add media to Course Gallery
- Click Activities in the navbar of your course.
- Click Kaltura Course Gallery.
- Click Add Media.
- Check the box(es) of the video(s) you want to add.
- Click Publish.
Change view settings
You can change the way your media is shown in Content. Go to the (sub)module in which you placed your Kaltura media file and click on the file of which you want to change the settings.
- Click on the arrow next to No Completion Tracking to set up whether Brightspace has to show students that they viewed the video with Progress.
- Click on Required: Automatic if Brightspace should automatically note the progress of the students in their own progress report.
- Click on Required: Manual if students should manually check whether they have watched the video.
- Click on Not Required if the video is not required.
- Below Add dates and restrictions... you can add a Start Date, Due Date en End Date if you want the video to be accessible for only a predetermined amount of time.
- Click on Update to save the changes.
- Select below Options whether the video could be a part of the ePortfolio.
- Click on Update to save the changes
- Select Published to make the video visible for students or Draft to make it invisible.