How does Virtual Classroom work?
Virtual Classroom is a program integrated in Brightspace that teachers can use to give online classes. During the class you can ask questions via the chat box or by using the microphone.
- Virtual Classroom is not supported by Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. YouSeeU (the company behind Virtual Classroom) recommends to use Virtual Classroom with Google Chrome.
- It is important to allow third-party cookies in your browser. You can change this by going to your Browser Settings > Privacy and security > Site Settings > Cookies and site data. Then make sure 'Block third-party cookies' is turned off.
- When you are not using headphones, there is a possibility that your voice will echo.
Navigating to the Virtual Classroom
Your lecturer can choose the location of the Virtual Classroom meeting. If the meeting is meant for all participants, then it will probably be added below Content. You can always find the meeting in the Calendar.
- Navigate to Course Home and then to Calendar.
- Select the meeting.
Join a class
If there is a class in session, you can participate by clicking the play icon.
You will land on an overview page:
- Meeting Lobby Page: information about the meeting (moderator, date, time and maximum duration).
- Quick Tips: a few general tips.
Session Management: matters you have to pay attention to during the meeting.
- Click the arrows behind Audio and Video, Recording and Participation to fold out or collapse these options.
- Above Enter Meeting Room you will be able to see whether you can enter the class. You might need to wait for the lecturer to arrive.
First indicate whether you only want to listen (Listen Only) or if you want to be able to speak during the class as well (Microphone).
You can make use of a variety of tools during the class:
- In the top-left corner of the screen, click:
- the stick-figure to see who will be attending the class.
- the speech balloon to open the chat. This is where you and the other participants can chat. You close the chat by clicking Public chat at the top.
2. At the bottom, click:
- the phone to also be able to speak.
- the camera to turn on your webcam.
3. At the top you can see whether the class is being recorded (Recording) or not (Not recording).
4. In the top-right corner, click the dotted icon to open more options:
Settings: adjust the settings during the class in a separate window:
- Application: indicate whether or not you want to receive notifications when there is new activity in the chat and/or adjust the font size.
- Closed Captions: indicate if you want automatically generated subtitles to be displayed whenever you speak.
- Data Savings: indicate if you want to allow the option of webcams being shared within the group (by turning off this option whenever you do not need it, you will prevent the network from being overloaded)
- Leave: leave the class.
5. The internet icon will indicate whether your internet connection is fast (green) or slow (red).