How do I hand in a video assignment with Kaltura?
Submitting a video for an assignment always happens in two steps:
- First you upload the video to Kaltura with Kaltura My Media. Read more about this here.
- You can add the video to Assignments after the video is uploaded to Kaltura My Media. This manual will explain how you do that.
If you submit a video in an Assignment with Kaltura, then it will only be visible for the lecturer and not for your fellow students.
- Navigate to Activities in the navbar of your course.
- Click Assignments.
- Click the assignment name.
An overview of the assignment with the title, description, deadline and (optional) attachment(s) will appear.
- To hand in your assignment, click Insert Stuff in the HTML editor.
There will be two possibilities:
- Click Add Kaltura Media if the video assignment does not count towards the grading of this course, or when the lecturer has stated explicitely that you should delete the video after it has been submitted and graded, for example due to privacy concerns.
- Click Add Kaltura Video Assignment Submission if the video assignment does count towards the grade and the video should be saved for the lecturer.
- Click Select for the correct video. A notification with the words We blocked this for you might appear. You can ignore this prompt. Click Insert.
In case the teacher has indicated that an attachment is required to submit the assignment, like a Word or PDF file(File based submission, attachment required):
- Click Add a File to add any other files.
- Click My Computer. Click Upload and find the appropriate files on your computer.
- Click Add.
- Click Submit to hand in the assignment. You will see a summary of what you have handed in. Click Done.
In case your teacher has indicated that attaching a file isn't required to hand in the assignment, (Text submission, no file required):
- add any additional commentary about the video (optional);
- click Submit to hand in the video.
If you submit a video in Assignments from Kaltura, you will notice that the video has been Published when you access Kaltura My Media. This does not mean, however, that everyone in the course is able to see your video. When you click Published for a video in Kaltura My Media and you see 'Embedded in Context - ...' then this means that you have only uploaded the video in an Activity. It will not be visible for your fellow students.