How do I use Annotations (inline feedback)?
Teachers can use Annotations to give feedback in Brightspace. This allows them to mark or underline an assignment you handed in, as well as add drawings, text boxes, notes, lines, arrows and frames. You can view these annotations and use them when writing a new version of your assignment.
- Navigate to Activities in the navbar of your course.
- Click on Assignments.
Next to each assignment you can see whether the teacher has added feedback or not and whether or not you have read it; (Read) or (Unread).
- Click on Read/Unread to see the feedback.
If the teacher has used annotations, you will see the text View Inline Feedback under the heading Inline Feedback. Click this to view the annotations. The document viewer will open in a new window.
- Navigate to Administration in the navbar of your course.
- Click Grades.
Below the heading Comments and Assessments you will see the inline feedback when this has been provided. Click View Inline Feedback to see the annotations. The assignment with the annotations will open in a new window.
- You will see your submitted assignment including the annotations. The example above shows you a part of the text that is marked yellow, a sentence with a drawn red line and an arrow pointing towards a text box with an explanation. The gray check mark is a note. You can enlarge this by dragging your cursor to the check mark. Note that notes does not always have to be displayed as a check mark: teachers can use different kinds of symbols in different colors for their notes.
- The gray navigation bar at the top of the screen allows you to perform actions. On the left side, you can;
- Add a navigation window or bookmarks to the document to create more overview;
- navigate between the pages;
- replace your cursor with a hand icon;
- zoom in and out;
- edit the text across the screen.
- On the right side you can:
- print the file including the annotations;
- search within the file;
- download the file with the annotations as a PDF-file.