How do Awards work and how can I see which Awards I have obtained?
Teachers can choose to award students with Awards in Brightspace. An award is a way to reward students for a skill that is not assessed, but useful and desired. You can also use awards to reward a student for a certain score. This way the awards can be a motivation for a student to learn a lot, display specific behavior or develop a certain skill. An award usually consists of a badge with a description of the obtained skill or behavior displayed.
- Navigate to Administration in the navbar of your course.
- Click Awards.
My Awards and ePortfolio
You will navigate to the My Awards tab. On this page you will see all of the awards that have been awarded to you by teachers.
- Select Include awards from other courses if you want to see all of the awards you have obtained in all of your courses. If you do not select this option, you will only see the awards you have obtained in the course you are currently viewing.
- Below Badges you will see the awards you have obtained, with the name of the award and the course in which you obtained the award. Click Share to place an award in your ePortfolio.
- Click on the name of the award to see additional information.
A pop-up window will appear, containing:
- the title of the award;
- a description containing information about the award;
- the name of the course (Course Name);
- a possible expiration date (Expiry Date);
- who has issued the award (Issuer). Note that most teachers will not enter a specific name or course here, because if they don't they can use the award in multiple courses.
- The proof for obtaining the award (Evidence).
Click Close to return to My Awards or click Print to print the information.
View Available Awards
- Click View Available Awards (second tab) to see all awards you could obtain.
- You will see a list of all of the awards a teacher could give you. Awards with a check mark have been previously obtained.
- Select Show all available awards to see all awards you could obtain in all your courses.
You will receive a Subscription Alert once you are awarded an award. Click on the notification to navigate to Awards.
After you have obtained an award a non-recurring notification will appear at the bottom of your screen on the Course Home page. Click View Awards to open a new page that shows all obtained badges.