How do I adjust my account settings?
In the Account Settings menu, you can adjust many of Brightspace's display options to your own liking.
- On the first tab (Account Settings), you can adjust general account settings, such as font size, language and locale preferences, and various settings for other applications.
- On the second tab (Discussions), you can adjust display and reply settings for discussion boards.
- Click your name/picture in the minibar.
- Click Account Settings. The Account Settings tab will appear.
- Font Settings lets you change the size of the font used by Brightspace. Text in images, documents, and other objects will not change size with this setting.
- Some features of Brightspace automatically mark objects you scroll by as read. Under Reading Content, you can prevent this behavior by turning off Do not automatically mark items as read as the page scrolls.
- Below Video Settings you can callow help programs to see and play videos (optimize video presentation). This is meant for people with a disability.
- Below Locale & Language you can change the clock display, first day of the week, and date, number and percentage displays. Please note that some courses will copy your preferences.
- Time Zone lets you change what time zone is used by Brightspace.
- Signing In controls whether you appear as online when logged in. Choose Always appear offline if you want to show as offline at all times, regardless of whether you are logged in or not.
- Below Application Settings you can see which apps have access to your Brightspace account, like the Pulse app. You can also revoke access by clicking Revoke Access.
- Click Save and Close to save the changes you made and return to the page you opened your account settings from.
- Navigate to the Discussion tab to alter discussion settings.
- Beneath Personal Settings you are able to adjust personal settings concerning the discussions:
- Display Settings determine whether you always want an overview of discussion fora and topics on the left side of the screen when you click a topic or thread (Always show the Discussion List Pane) and whether you want deleted posts to be displayed when you search discussion topics (Display deleted posts).
- Below Reply Settings, choose whether you want to include the post you are replying to in your answer (Include original post in reply).
- For Subscription Settings, choose whether you want to automatically follow the thread you create (When creating a new thread, subscribe to the thread by default).
- Availability Condition Defaults allows you to determine what people automatically see before a discussion post is posted or after the end date of a post is expired.
- Click Save and Close at the bottom of the page in order to save your changes and to return to the page you were before adjusting your account settings.
You can also change your discussion preferences from Discussions. Opening your preferences from there takes you to the same screen as when you open them from Account Settings.