How do I transfer my portfolio from Blackboard to ePortfolio in Brightspace?
Downloading your Blackboard portfolio
Log in onto Blackboard. From the home screen you can navigate to the Portfolio tab.
1. Click on Portfolio.
1. Check the box for your portfolio.
2. Click Meer (More). A dropdown menu opens.
3. Click Downloaden (Download).
It is possible that you have multiple portfolios in your Blackboard environment. If you want to transfer all of these to Brightspace, you must download them one by one. It is not possible to download all portfolios at once.
1. Click Klik om portfolio te downloaden (Click to download portfolio). Your portfolio is now being downloaded to your computer as a .zip file.
Note: it may be possible that not all files are included with a Blackboard portfolio download. Specifically .jpeg files (images) are not always included in the download, so make sure to double-check if the portfolio download is complete, and manually download the remaining files otherwise.
Uploading your portfolio to Brightspace
Uploading your portfolio to Brightspace is a manual process. A description for the fastest way to do this can be found below.
- Click on Windows explorer in the taskbar.
- Click on This computer.
- Click on the Downloads folder.
In your downloads folder, navigate to the .zip file PortfolioDownload.
- Right-click the .zip file. A choice menu appears. Click on Extract all. A new folder will be created (also named PortfolioDownload), containing the extracted portfolio items.
- Go to your Brightspace ePortfolio to the tab ePortfolio.
- Click on Add Files.
1. Click Upload.
2. Open the folder PortfolioDownload with the extracted items.
In the opened PortfolioDownload folder you will find other folders. These cannot (and don't need to) be imported into Brightspace. With the following steps you can create an overview of the individual documents that can be imported:
- Past the following text in the search bar: *.* NOT kind:=Folder
(this will display all individual files)
- Select the to be imported documents.
- Right-click the selection and select Copy
If you use a Mac computer, you can find all individual documents in Finder by pressing the Command + F keys and putting the file type on document.
- Click on Quick access.
- Click on Desktop.
- Right-click on the overview
- Create a new folder
- Right-click the folder and click Paste.
- Select all documents to be imported
- Click Open.
Toggle the view of the folder to Details. After doing this you can sort the found items on Type (Word file, PDF etc.) for a more clear overview.
- Click Add to ePortfolio to add the items to your ePortfolio.
All items will be stored in your ePortfolio. You can revise them in the My Items tab.