How do I use the Readspeaker functionality during my exam?
After you have logged in to Cirrus, you can start using the Readspeaker functionality. It is important that you set the language of Cirrus before you start you assessment, into the language the assessment will be held in.
- Start by setting the language into the assessment language. Readspeaker will automatically adapt that language setting. When you have started the assessment you will not be able to adjust the language again.
- Press Start Test to start you assessment.
By default the Readspeaker setting is turned off. To enable this setting, drag or click on the 'slidebutton'. When enabling the Readspeaker you will not be able to select or type an answer. Also navigating will not be possible. By turning off Readspeaker with the 'slidebutton' you can answer the question and navigate to the next/previous question.
How does Readspeaker work
When Readspeaker is enabled the following options will appear:
- Click on Listen to start the read out by Readspeaker. A menu will appear and additional buttons will available:
- Pause the read out.
- Stop the read out.
- Rewind or Forward.
- Adjust the volume of the voice.
- Adjust the read out speed.
- Close the menu.
Select specific text
- Select a specific text you would like to have read out (again).
- Note that a pop-up will show with 'Listen' after you have selected the text. Readspeaker will only read out the part you have selected.
Read out text from a pdf
If a pdf is added to the question under Resource or on the Introduction page, and you have opened it, a Listen button is available in the menu bar. If you do not select any text the read out will start from the beginning of the pdf. When you do select any text, Readspeaker will only read out the selected text.
Note: if you want to answer the question after the read out by Readspeaker, make sure you disable the functionality by turing off the 'slidebutton'.