How do I create an Extended match item?
- Use the library to navigate to the screen where you can select the type of question.
- Click Extended Match.
- Enter a title.
- Enter your question.
- Add one or multiple (media)file(s) if desired.
A source file means you can add a PDF that will appear as a separate pop-up window during the test.
A media file is an image that is shown together with the question.
- Fill in the first part of the matches on the left side and then the corresponding part on the right. Not each choice needs to have a match (and the other way around). Choices could also have multiple matches (and the other way around).
- You can also add additional choices (Add choice) or matches (Add match).
- Select Summative to use this item in a summative test.
See Default settings for items to get more information about the other settings you will find under Tags.
- Click Change Mode to draw a line between the right choices and matches.
- Select a line and click the cross to delete the line.
- Enter how many points can be received.
- Select whether students should receive a part of the points if they have answered a part of the question correctly (Polytomous) or whether they need to answer everything correctly to receive the points (Dichotomous).
- Click Preview to see how students will see the published question. Click Save and Close to return to the items page.
- When creating or editing a question, click Options to set up the advanced options.
Maximum number candidate selection: Enter how many answer possibilities a student can select (Equal to correct options or No limit).
Feedback on questions
Feedback set per question can be displayed during a candidate review, or in a formative exam. Here feedback can be displayed after answering a question or at the end of the exam. You can choose between general or detailed feedback.
- Choose General if you want to display general feedback.
- Select Show feedback on question to enter general feedback about the question.
- Choose Detailed if you want to give detailed feedback.
- Select Show feedback on question to enter feedback for the correct and incorrect answers.
The candidates can use the workout box to clarify their provided answer. These notes will be stored and can be viewed during the marking process.
Select Allow workout box for candidates to allow candidates to have the possibility to argue or calculate their answer.
While compiling the exam you have the option to allow the workoutbox for all questions, none or the selected questions. Please discuss your preferences with the faculty coordinator.