How do I create a question (item)?
Items are created in a collection, which you can later add to your assessments.
- Go to the Library tab in the navigation bar on the left. You will be navigated to the Collections tab.
- Click on the collection to which you want to add the questions. You will end up at the Collections homepage.
- Click Add to create a new item.
- Click the arrow next to Add to choose what type of question you wish to create.
After you have clicked Add, you can select a question type and then follow the steps for that specific question type.
You can view the manuals for the different item types to see how you can create an item for each different type.
Default settings for items
For each item type you will see the same bar on the right side of the editing screen. Here you can set up the status, learning goals, item goal, taxonomy, and seed-item. You can also find the item-ID and see all of the revisions. It is also possible to fold in the sidebar while creating or editing an item.
- Enter the status of the item:
- Concept: default setting for each item. Use concept if you are still working on the item.
- Ready for review: the item is finished, but needs to be assessed and approved. You can determine this yourself, or for example another teacher who is also working on this collection.
- Reviewed - not approved: the item is reviewed and needs to be adapted. Afterwards, it should be offered for review again.
- Reviewed - approved: the item is reviewed and approved.
- Live: the item can be used in tests.
- Revoked: the item is archived and can no longer be used in tests.
- Section shows you whether the question is used in a section or not.
- With Leaning objective, you can determine whether the item is going to be used for formative or summative assessments. When you do not make a choice, you will only be able to use the item in assessment that be used as both formative and summative (Mixed).
- For Taxonomy, determine on what level the student will be tested with this item (knowledge, comprehension, application, analysis, synthesis, evaluation).
- Select whether the item is a seed-item. A seed-item does not contribute to the final grade of a test. Usually you will only use this option when you want to test an item.
- The item-ID is automatically filled out based on a prefix for the collection that was set up by a coordinator.
If you want to use learning goals, you will have to let the course coordinator know which goals you have. They will enter the goals into the system. Then you can attach these goals to an item/items yourself.
- Under Revision history you will find an overview of all changes of an item. Click View History to see an overview of all versions.
- Add comments for yourself, or other teachers that you are collaborating with for this item.
Below Revision history you will see each version of the question and what has been changed. The newest version will be at the top.
- Select one or more versions by clicking on the box in front of the number. You are now able to Retrieve an older version or Compare certain versions.