How do I create a File response item?
- Use the library to navigate to the screen where you can select an item type.
- Click File response.
- Enter a title.
- Enter your question.
- Add a (media)file if desired.
A Resource means you can add a PDF that will appear as a separate pop-up window during the test.
A Media file is an image shown together with the question.
- Fill out the marking scheme to determine which criteria you will be using when assessing the question. This can be either for yourself or for fellow assessors.
Please note that you cannot change the marking scheme after the question has been submitted. If you want to change it you will have to do so before students take the test.
- Enter how many points can be acquired for this question.
- Select Summative to use this item in a summative test.
See Default setting for items for more information about the other settings you find under Tag.
- Click Preview to see what the question will look like for students. Click Save and close to return to the items page.
When creating or editing a question, click the Options button to set up the advanced options.
Feedback on questions
Feedback set per question can be displayed during a candidate review, or in a formative exam. Here feedback can be displayed after answering a question or at the end of the exam. You can choose between general or detailed feedback.
- Choose General if you want to display general feedback.
- Select Show feedback on question to enter general feedback about the question.
The candidates can use the workout box to clarify their provided answer. These notes will be stored and can be viewed during the marking process.
Select Allow workout box for candidates to allow candidates to have the possibility to argue or calculate their answer.
While compiling the exam you have the option to allow the workoutbox for all questions, none or the selected questions. Please discuss your preferences with the faculty coordinator.