How do I stream videos in items?
With Cirrus you can easily add videos from your computer or an external source to your items. When you want to use videos from for example YouTube or Vimeo, you do not have to add them to your library. Instead you can stream them directly from the external source. Large videos can also be streamed directly from the source rather than added to your library. To do so the videos first have to be online. Then you have to add the video you want to stream when you are creating the item. Short videos that are on your computer can be added to the library and then used.
- Use the navigation bar on the left to navigate to the Library.
- Click on the collection that contains the item with the video.
- Click Add and select the desired question item or open an existing item.
- Click Embed Media from External Sites.
- Enter the video's URL.
- Add a start time and an end time if you want the video to start and/or end at a specific point.
- Click OK.
Cirrus uses a HTML-5 player. That is why it is important to remember the following things:
- Start the question with text, so that the video will appear on the second row. If you start with the video, your item will be called <untitled>.
- If you enter a start time for the video, it will start at this point. However, when a student presses replay to watch the video again it will start at the beginning rather than your predetermined starting time.