How do I preview an assessment? Assessments | Edit Assessments
Preview as author
It is possible to preview your assessment as author to gain insight in the settings of your assessment.
- Use the navigation bar on the left to navigate to Assessment.
- Click on the desired assessment.
- Click the three dots at the top right of your screen.
- Click Example. You will be navigated to the Author tab.
- First you will see an overview of all of the assessment settings.
- Below you will see the Total max. score that can be obtained by participants of the assessment as well as an overview of all of the questions.
Preview as candidate
You can also preview the assessment as a student in order to see what the assessment looks like for students who take it. You can go through the entire exam.
- Navigate to the right assessment and click Preview (the same steps as above).
- Click the Candidate tab. You will now see the introduction page as a student.
- Click Start to start the assessment.
Once you are finished creating the exam it is important to use the Preview as Candidate option. This is a great final check to make sure that everything is ready for a real examination.
The navigation bar at the top is not visible for students. Other than that, the assessment looks just like it would when a student takes it.
- Click Show information item to see details about the question: Once again, this part is not visible for students.
- Students can use the navigation bar on the bottom of the screen. They can scroll between questions (Next and Previous). They can also see how many questions they have to answer (Overview), go back to the introduction page (Introduction), mark questions (Flag), and submit the assessment (Complete assessment).
- Click Overview to see how many questions there will be in total and how many have already been answered.
- You will see how many questions are left in the top left.
- Click on a question to return to that question.
- Click Close to return to the question you came from.
- Click Introduction to review the introduction with possibly some instructions. The introduction will open in a pop-up window.
- Click Continue test to resume the assessment.
If you want to temporarily skip a question or return to it at a later moment, you can flag the question. This way, you will know something was up with a specific question.
- Click Flag if you want to flag a question.
- A small flag will appear next to the question.
- Click Flag again if you want to undo the marking.
- The question overview will show which questions have been marked.
- Click Complete assessment once you are finished with the assessment.
- A pop-up window will appear with an overview of the number of questions you have answered and marked. Click Confirm if you want to complete and close the assessment.
- Cirrus will ask you for another confirmation. Click Finish.