How do I mark an assessment manually?
Open-ended questions have to be marked manually, for example the Essay type.
- Click Marking.
- Click on the Assess tab.
- Select the assessment you wish to mark.
Another option is to click on the box Not Marked on your Dashboard to quickly access the assessments you still need to mark.
- Select the candidate whose answers you want to mark.
- Click Needs marking behind the question you want to mark. An assessment window will open.
- You will now see the question you are going to mark.
- Here you will find the answer the candidate has submitted.
- Enter the score the candidate will receive for this question.
- Enter a General Conclusion about the assessment.
- Add Annotations if desired.
- Save the assessment and review the next question or candidate. See Save assessment for more information.
The Score, General Conclusion and Annotations will be visible for students when they review the assessment.
You have multiple options when you want to annotate a manually reviewed item.
- My annotations will show all your annotations you have written for this answer. If there are multiple assessors, you can see all annotations here if the examiner has selected this option. The circkled box will show the Annotation overview, which will also display all remarks.
- You can also highlight or cross out specific passages of the answer.
- Select the tool you wish to use.
- Select the text in the answer you want to comment on.
- Write down your remark.
- Click Add to add your remark to the answer.
Repeat these steps if you want to add multiple remarks.
When you are finished with the assessment of a question, you will have to save it. The way you are marking determines how you will proceed.
- Review the answers for each question for all of the students? See How do I mark an assessment horizontally (meaning each question for all students)?
- Review all questions for one student at a time? See How do I mark an assessment vertically (meaning all questions for each student)?