Can I update an already used / added question?
It is possible to update a question which has already been added to an exam or has been used in an exam. Cirrus differentiates between:
- Item revisions.
- Item versions.
Item revisions refers to a change in the title text, the question, the text of the answer alternatives or the feedback. Furthermore you can also add a picture or pdf to the question.
- Navigate to the Library on the left hand side. You land on the Collection tab.
- Click on the collection in which you want to update an item.
- Click on the item which needs updating.
It is possible to make the following adjustments:
- The title.
- The question.
- Adding and removing resources and / or media files.
- The text of the possible answers.
- Click on Save or Save and close when you are finished.
After saving the question, a warning message appears. Select Yes to update the question in the assessment.
A new version of an item is created after one of the following amendments is made:
- Adding or deleting of an answer alternative.
- Amending the maximum score to be awarded.
- Changing the correct answer.
- Changing the seed item (yes or no).
- Click Save for the changes to be implemented.
- After saving a new version is created.
The message that the change affects the psychometric data of this item, appears after saving the changes. Click Yes to implement the changes.