How do I create a Zoom account? | Zoom
Go to the Zoom website to create your own account. If you sign up with your @ru.nl email address you will be automatically using the RU basic license. Your account will then adhere to the RU privacy and security conditions.
The Radboud University offers three different licenses:
- Basic RU license - If you want to meet with one person (no limit to the duration) or meet with up to 3 persons with a maximum of 40 minutes.
- Additional RU license - If you want to initiate a meeting with more than 2 people and/or longer than 40 minutes, you will need this license. An online meeting with an additional RU license allows for the participation of up to 300 people. Invitees do not need the additional license. If you want to get an additional license, please contact your authorised individual.
- RU recording license - This option can only be used as an addition to the 'additional RU license' and should be requested separately; please ask your authorised individual. Only request this license if you and your supervisor think it is neccesary to make recordings. You will always be personally responsible for the recordings. Contact your authorised individual for an additional license.
If you have to provide education, it is advised to use the additional RU license. This way you can plan sessions for up to 300 students without a time limit. For an additional license, please contact your authorised individual.
If you use the basic RU license, the following default settings wil be set up:
- The sharing and downloading of documents and files is turned off.
- The recording feature is turned off; this requires an additional license.
- If you get started the audio and video feature is turned off, you can turn this on yourself.
- Attention Tracking is turned off.
- Log in at www.zoom.us
- Click Resources > Download Zoom Client > Zoom Client for Meetings to install the app.
- The download will now start.
- Accept the Terms & Agreements.
Zoom will ask you whether you want to integrate your calendar/agenda and contacts. It is currently unclear how this information is saved and processes. That is why it is not recommended to integrate your agenda and contacts.