How do I use annotations and the whiteboard? | Zoom
During a session you can share your own screen or let participants share theirs. When a screen is shared, you can add annotations to this screen. This can be done on either a shared screen or a Whiteboard. In the example below the Zoom Desktop Client is used.
Read more about sharing your screen during a meeting in the manual How do I share my screen?
Annotation on a shared screen and sharing of a Whiteboard is only possible with the Zoom Desktop Client and not via the browser.
- Click Annotate in the menu on top of your screen.
- The bar with annotation tools will now appear.
- Mouse: deactivate the annotation tools and show the cursor.
- Select: select annotations and move or remove them.
- Text: add text.
- Draw: draw lines, arrows and shapes.
- Stamp: add stickers such as a cross or a question mark.
- Spotlight/Arrow: change your cursor into a Spotlight to highlight certain aspects for the other participants. Change your cursor into an Arrow to point out certain annotations.
- Eraser: remove previous annotations.
- Format: change the size, colour and font of the annotation tool.
- Undo: undo your last annotation.
- Redo: redo the last annotation you have undone.
- Clear: remove all annotations.
- Save: save all annotations on the screen by making a screenshot.
Select and Save are only possible for the participant who shares the screen.