Presenting and interacting | Webex
Share screen, files and application
During your presentation you can share your screen, an application, a file or a whiteboard. With a screen you share your full screen; you cannot select an area. With an application you share all screens of that application. This can be useful when you want to show a Powerpoint presentation complete with animations. If you share a file every page or slide will be turned into an image. You can then use Webex Events to browse through the file. With a Whiteboard you have a white screen where you can add annotations.
To share an application, file of whiteboard:
- Click Share content.
- Click on the component you want to share.
Share a screen or application
When you are sharing a screen or application, a window will appear at the top of your scren where you have the following additional options:
- Stop Sharing: stop sharing.
- Pause: pause sharing. The participants will see your last screen or slide, while you can put up a new screen in the mean time.
- Annotate: add annotations to your screen.
When you are sharing a file, you will have additional options in a bar on the left:
- Annotation: add annotations to the document.
- Show Thumbnail: show miniatures of all pages or slides from the document.
- Go to next page / Go to previous page: browse through the document.
- Zoom in / Zoom out: zoom in and zoom out.
- In case you have opened multiple files you can easily switch between the files.
Use the whiteboard
When you are sharing a whiteboard, you will see the following options in a bar on the left:
- Allow annotate: Allow the panelists or participants to add annotations.
- Pointer: Change your cursor into a Spotlight to highlight certain parts. Turn your cursor into an Arrow to highlight annotations.
- Text tool: Add text.
- Line: Draw lines and arrows.
- Rectangle: Draw shapes or add stickers like a X or question mark.
- Highlighter: Mark a part of the document.
- Annotation color: Change the annotation tool's colour.
- Eraser: Remove previous annotations.
- Capture screen to clipboard: Save all annotations on the screen by making a screenshot.
Use the chat
- Choose Chat.
- Choose who you want to send the message to. This can either be all participants, all panelists or an individual participant.
- Type your message.
Participants will be notified of the new message in the chat window.
If your settings are that participants cannot see the other participants, then they can only send private messages to the host, the presenters and the panelists.
Use the Q&A
In addition to the messages in the chat the participants can ask questions via Q&A. The difference is that the chat is linear, meaning that all messages and reactions are below one another, whereas the Q&A lets you give answers to a specfic question. Ask your participants to ask questions in Q&A rather than the chat.
- Click the three dots.
- Click Q&A.
- Select the question you want to answer.
- Type your answer.
- Click Send. When the question is asked publicly, the answer will be visible for all participants.
- If you want to answer a participant privately, click Send Privately.
If your settings are that participants cannot see the other participants, then they can only send private messages to the host, the presenters and the panelists. The questions asked are not public. If you answer questions, you have to pay attention to whether you are sendig the answer to a specific participant or all participants.