How do I register grades?
Teachers can register grades in OSIRIS. In this instruction is shown which actions have to be executed.
When entereing the starting screen you wil see several menu items.
- The menu buttons, you can switch menu with
- the faculty switch. If you are teacher of different faculties, you might have to switch faculties in order to find the right courses to add grades for
- the menu for personal settings
- the language switch
- This number indicates the number of students that have to be given a grade
- This number indicates the number of pending grade lists. A grade list is a list of given grades that has to be sgned in order to send it to the administration.
- The numer indicates the number of grade-lists that are waiting for processing by the administration
- This badge can contain messages from the administration
To select a course to give grades, click on the "Grades-badge" in the screen
Selecting a course to give grades
After clicking the Grades badge, you enter the screen above. here all the corses you are allowed to enter grades for, are listed.
- In this section you can add search criteria, to search the courses and tests you want to give grades to.
- This is a 'processing bar" that indicates the proces of given grades. Light grey indicates the number of grades that are yet to be given, Dark grey indicates the number of grades allready given, but not yet signed and sent to the administration, thus "pending", and green indicates that the grades are given and sent to the administration for further processing: "completed".
- here are the numbers of students in the different statuses: No grades, Pending and Completed
- This is the badge you can click on to enter the candidates for the test, that have registered.
Entereing the grades of the candidates for the test
You can enter the grades as follows:
- Enter the grade. You can do so, by using the numeric part odf the keyboard, the alfa-numeric part, or by using the magnifying glass icon. By using the "enter" buton on the keyboard, you wil jump to the next line 9candidate). The date of the test will be entered automaticaly, unless the date wasn't published yet, in that cae you wil have to enter it by yourself. But only on the first line, because when hitting the enter button of the keyboard,, the date of the fist line wil be copied to all the next lines, so you only have to enter it once. You can deviate from the default test date as long as it is, today or a date previous of today, and the date is between the start- and enddates of the block in which the test is held. Thus it is not possible to enter a datein the future!
- Click after entereg the grades the "SAVE" button, if you do not want to sign the gradelist yet.
- When finnished entering the grades, you can also click the "SIGN" button right away without clicking the SAVE-button.
The set of gredas of all candidates does not have to be complete. It is possible to sign a partial grade list. You do not have to wait with signing before every signle candidate has a grade. Students that did not appear on the test, can be given the grade "ND" ("No show").
Signing the grades
The grades can be sgned by clicking the "SIGN MANUALY" button. When the grades are signed, the faculty administration has to process the grades before students will be able to see the grades in OSIRIS Student. The administration
- After clicking the "SIGN" button, in teh screen will appear a notification stating that "The gradelist has been created succesfully for x-rows". This means that the gradelist is now electronicaly send to the faculty administration.
- Now click on the .pdf file in the browser to open the grade list. To conform the grades, you have to print a paper version of the gradelist and sign it, en send it in hardcopy to the faculty admuinistration. If you do not send the hard copy to the faculty administration, the grades you just enterd will not be processed, and students will not be notified their obtained grades.