How do I migrate quizzes from Blackboard to Brightspace?
Export Quizzes as pools from Blackboard
You can easily transfer quizzes from Blackboard to Brightspace by creating pools in Blackboard.
- Navigate in Blackboard to the course that has the quiz you would like to transfer.
- Select Course Tools.
- Select Tests, Surveys and Pools.
- Click Pools.
- Click Build Pool.
- Fill in the name of your quiz.
- Click Submit. You will now navigate to the Pool Canvas.
- Click Find Questions.
- Click Tests.
- Select the quiz that has questions you would like to export.
- Select the preferred questions. Tick the checkbox of Question Text to select all questions at once. If the quiz holds more than 25 questions, you first need to click Show All (bottom-right corner) to be able to select all questions at once.
- Click Submit.
- Click OK. You have now created the pool.
- Click on the arrow next to the name of the pool.
- Select Export to Local Computer.
- During the process of making the pool, the order of the questions will change.
- Audio files in the quiz often are not transferred to Brightspace. However, the file is inside the folder you are importing. This means that you have to add it manually by editing the question that contained the audio file.
- There are question types that cannot be imported in Brightspace. Fill in Multiple Blanks and Jumbled Sentence questions have to be added manually.
Import pool in Brightspace Quizzes
- Go to Activities in the navbar of your course.
- Click on Quizzes.
- Click on New Quiz.
- Fill in a title.
- Click on Add/Edit Questions.
- Click on Import.
- Select Upload a File.
- Click Browse Files and search select the file on your computer. Then click Import All.
- Click on Done Editing Questions to return to the quiz. The questions are now added.
You will receive a notification on how many items have been imported successfully. Since you know how many questions you exported from Blackboard, you will notice immediately if questions are missing.
Import pool into Brightspace Question Library
If you do not want to transfer a entire quiz, but a set of questions you want to use in an existing quiz, you can also import the pool into the Question Library.
- Go to Activities in the navbar of your course
- Click Quizzes
- Click Question Library (second tab)
- Click Import
- Click Upload a File
Click Browse Files and select the file on your computer. Then click Import All. The questions are now added to the Question Library and ready to use in a Quiz or Survey.