How do I add equations to the Editor?
The Brightspace HTML Editor enables you to add several types of equations.
- Click on the equation button to add a Graphical equation. If you do not see this icon, click on the tree dots on the right to display more options.
- Click on the arrow next to the equation button to choose one of the following options:
- Graphical equation opens the equation editor, which is similar to the one found in Microsoft Word.
- Chemistry equation can be used for chemistry related equations.
- MathML equation can be used to add an equation in the MathML markup language.
- LaTeX equation can be used to add an equation in the LaTeX markup language.
- The equation editor will appear in a new window.
- You can enter your equation by clicking on the symbols below Insert Equation.
- Click on the arrow icon to change to equation to the graphic/MathML form.
- Click on Insert to close this screen and add the equation.
You can check MathMl and LaTeX equations by looking at a preview. Add your equation with Insert Equation and click on Generate a Preview.