How do I add equations to the Editor?
The Brightspace HTML Editor enables you to add several types of equations. This can be done both with the built-in software in Brightspace and by typing LaTeX code inline.
Add equations with the equations editor.
- Click on the equation button to add a Graphical equation. If you do not see this icon, click on the three dots on the right to display more options.
- Click on the arrow next to the equation button to choose one of the following options:
- Graphical equation opens the equation editor, which is similar to the one found in Microsoft Word.
- Chemistry equation can be used for chemistry related equations.
- MathML equation can be used to add an equation in the MathML markup language.
- LaTeX equation can be used to add an equation in the LaTeX markup language.
- The equation editor will appear in a new window.
- You can enter your equation by clicking on the symbols below Insert Equation.
- Click on the arrow icon to change to equation to the graphic/MathML form.
- Click on Insert to close this screen and add the equation.
You can check MathMl and LaTeX equations by looking at a preview. Add your equation with Insert Equation and click on Generate a Preview.
Add equations by typing LaTeX code
If you are familiar with LaTeX code, then you can add this directly in the editor by typing inline. This could look like this:
When you save the text it will be displayed as follows:
This Wikipedia page shows how you can type the different mathematical LaTex codes inline.