How do I manage my discussions? Activities | Discussions
To forum and topic menu allows you to easily edit a forum/topic, delete a forum/topic, and/or change your notification preferences.
- Click the fold-out arrow next to the name of the forum.
- Click Add Topic to add topics or Hide Topics to hide them.
- Click Collapse Forum to fold in the topics.
- Click Edit Forum to edit the forum.
- Click Hide from Users to make the forum invisible for students.
- Click View Forum Statistics to go to the statistics page.
- Click Subscribe/Unsubscribe to (un)subscribe to forum updates.
- Click Delete to delete the forum.
- Click the fold-out arrow next to the name of the topic.
- Click View Topic to view the topic. NB: you can also click the name of the topic to view the topic.
- Click View Topic in Grid View for a clear view of the topic's activity (which content is read/not read, who has participated, et cetera).
- Click Edit Topic to edit the topic.
- Click Hide from Users to maken the topic invisible for students.
- Click View Topic Statistics to go to the statistics page.
- Click Subscribe/Unsubscribe to (un)subscribe to topic updates.
- Click Delete to delete the topic.
As the moderator of the discussions you can determine whether messages (posts) created by students can be posted immediately or only with your permission. This can be changed for all messages at once or per message.
For all messages
When you are creating a new forum or topic you can check a box to allow messages to be visible to other students after you have reviewed these messages. This can be done for all topics within a forum (when creating/editing of a forum) or per topic (when creating/editing of a topic).
- Click New Forum/Topic or Edit Forum/Topic.
- Check the second box below Options. This option allows a post to only visible to other students after you have approved it.
You can also edit or remove every individual message on both the thread and post level.
- Go to the Discussions homepage.
- Click a topic.
- Click the fold-out arrow next to the name of the thread or the author of the post.
- Click Edit Thread/Post to edit the thread/post.
- Click Delete Thread/Post to delete the thread/post.