How do I use Assignments? Activities | Assignments
Assignments is used to easily publish and evaluate assignments.
- Click Activities in the navbar of your course.
- Click Assignments. You will land on the Assignments homepage. Here you can view all the assignments you have made.
- The buttons at the top provide you with different actions:
- Click New Assignment to create a new assignment.
- Click Edit Categories to edit your categories or to create new assignment categories.
- Click More Actions for more options.
- Use Bulk Edit if you want to edit the name, category, accessibility and deadline for multiple assignments at the same time. Select the concerned assignments and click Bulk Edit. Edit the settings to your preferences and click Save.
- In the table you can see a number of columns:
- Under Assignment you will see a list of all assignments per category.
- Under New Submissions you will see the number of assignments that are not yet evaluated.
- Under Completed you can see how many students handed in the assignment.
- Under Evaluated you can see the amount of students whose assignment has been assessed.
- Under Feedback Published you can see the amount of assignments for which you have published feedback/an evaluation.
- Under Due Date you will see the assignment's deadline.
- Next to the name of the assignment you will see an arrow and one or multiple icons:
- Click the arrow next to the assignment to open the quick-menu.
- The displayed icons depend on the choices you made during the process of creating the assignment. Hover your mouse over the symbols to see more information about them. The example above will show all possible icons in the orange frame. From left to right:
- Eye icon: the assignment is invisible for students.
- Organogram icon: this item contains release conditions.
- Group icon: this is a group assignment.
- Key icon: certain students have Special Access to this assignment.
- Rosette icon: a grade item is linked to this assignment.
- Next to the names of the assignments you will see an arrow and several categories:
- With the pencil you can re-name the category.
- With the trashcan you can delete the entire category; the category will be deleted from your category list as well. The assignments in this category will automatically be moved to No Category.
- Click the arrow next to the assignment name to open the quick-menu.
- Click View Submissions to view the submitted files of the assignment. o
- Click Edit Assignment to edit the settings of the assignment.
- Click Make Visible to Users/Hide from users to make the assignment visible/invisible to students.
- After having submitted their work, they cannot submit it again. Note: Each assignment you create will automatically be hidden, unless you have turned this off at Restrictions. At Restrictions you can also set the assignment to automatically become visible at a certain date.
- Click Delete Assignment to delete the assignment. You can restore assignments at the Event log.
- Click Copy Assignment to copy the assignment. Grade items, submitted files and will not be copied. When you copy an Assignment, you will directly be transported to the edit screen of the copied assignment. This assignment will automatically be Hidden for students, so you have to make it visible first.
- Click Submission Log to see when a student has handed in his/her work.
More Actions menu
- Click More Actions to open the menu.
- Click Preview to see what is displayed to students when they open the page.
- Click Reorder to re-arrange the order of the assignments.
- Click Event Log to view the event log. This will display when you have:
- created an assignment (Created);
- deleted an assignment (Deleted);
- restored an assignment (Restored).
- Click Make Visible to Users to make the selected assignments visible to students.
- Click Hide from Users to hide the selected assignments from students.
- Click Delete to delete the selected assignments.
There are two ways to navigate to the Submission Log:
- From the Assignments homepage, click the arrow next to the assignment you would like to view, and select Submission Log.
- From the Assignments homepage, click the name of the assignment you would like to view. Click Submission Log in the task bar.
The Submission Log will keep track of each file in an assignment, and logs:
- which student it concerns (Submission);
- the events surrounding the assignment (Event);
- by whom the assignment was submitted, restored or deleted (Modified by);
- when the assignment was submitted, restored or deleted (Date);
Filter the results by clicking:
- Submitted: only show submitted files
- Deleted: only show the deleted files
- Restored: only show the restored files (first deleted and then restored).
- Started: show the start times of all uploades.
If you don't select any of the filter options, you will see all files in this assignment.
If you accidentally deleted an assignment, you can restore it directly by clicking Restore.