How do I create a (statistical) report of a Quiz? Activities | Quizzes
Generate a quiz report to:
- analyse your quiz based on statistics about your quiz questions and the achieved scores;
- view anonymous quiz data (statistics) without being logged into Brightspace;
- share anonymous quiz data with other users (for example with colleagues that have a different role in Brightspace and do not have access to the quiz statistics page with their permissions).
Create a report
- Navigate to Activities in the navbar of your course.
- Click Quizzes. You will land on the quiz homepage.
- Click the fold-out menu for the quiz you want to create a report for.
- Click Setup Reports.
- Click Add Report.
- Fill in a Report Name.
- Select the type of report you want to create: Question Statistics, Question Details, User Statistics, Attempt Details or User Attempts.
- Tick which data you want to include in the report (lick the question mark icon for more information on the different options that are available).
You can create various types of reports to view different statistics:
- Question Statistics: Displayes an average score on each question (in points and percentage).
- Question Details: Displays how often each answer to a question has been checked, the total number of answers given and the average score for each question.
- User Statistics: Displays the average of the class, the distribution of the scores among the class and the score of each participant.
- Attempt Details: Displays the details of each participant with detailed information about each question. You see the answers to each question per participant per quiz attempt.
- User Attempts: Here you see the details of each participant with the score achieved on each question in points and percentage per quiz attempt.
- Below Release choose whether you want to release the report directly (immediately) or set a specific date.
- Tick which Brightspace role(s) you want to provide with access to the report (you can create multiple reports for a quiz).
- Click Save to return to the Reports Setup tab. You will see an overview of all the reports you created for this specific quiz.
View a report
You have easy access to the reports of a quiz via the quiz quick-menu. To do so, go to the quiz homepage and click the fold-out arrow next to a quiz and then click Reports.
- Click the title of the report you would like to view.
- Fill in a time frame that you would like the report to be based on. (optional)
- Click Generate CSV to generate the report as a csv-file.
- Click Generate Excel to generate the report as an Excel-file.
- Click Generate HTML to generate the report in your browser.
- You will see the statistics you have selected at the Reports Setup.
- Click Print Report to print the statistics.