Best practice: move all downloaded Brightspace files from a zip-file to one folder.
When you download all handed in files of an assignment, Brightspace will put these in different sub-folders for each student. By using the program 7-Zip you can unpack them easily. This will put all files in one single map.
7-Zip is installed on RU desktops by default. If it is not installed on your computer, all you have to do is download it using the Software Center. To install the program on your personal computer or laptop, please go to the official 7-Zip web page.
- Go to Activities in the navbar of your course.
- Click Assignments.
- Select the assignment you want to download.
- Download all submissions of a specific assignment. To do this, select all submissions you want to add and click on Download.
- Use the navigator of your PC to go the downloaded file.
- With the right button of your computer mouse, click the zip-file. Go to 7-Zip and click Unpack files... (Bestanden uitpakken).
- Under Padmethod select No Pad names in the drop-down menu.
- Click on OK to unpack the file. 7-Zip will now create a new folder with all of the documents.
If you use the method described above to unpack files, you can no longer see which file belongs to which student unless they have put this in the file name. Please remember this when you are grading. IT can also happen that several documents belonging to one student are in the same folder, even if the Submission Options were set in a different way.