How can I see the report of Urkund's plagiarism detection? | Urkund
Once the assignments have been sent to Urkund and have been checked for plagiarism you can easily find the plagiarism scores in Brightspace. You will also receive an email notification, which you can also turn off, and use the Web App.
When the assignments have been checked by the plagiarism control, you can find the plagiarism scores in Brightspace.
- Navigate to Activities and then to Urkund.
- Click Plagiarism Submission Details.
- You can then filter on Status (Analyzed) or search for the submissions of a specific assignment with Assignment.
- An overview of the submissions will now appear. You will see the plagiarism score right away. In this example 100.00% similarity was found in the file compared to other sources.
- Click Show/Hide Details.
- Then click the title of the document.
- Click View Report to open the plagiarism detection report.
By clicking Submission Feedback you will arrive in the assessment screen of the Brightspace assignment. For more information please read How do I assess an assignment? (grade item, rubric)?
The analysis overview
- A new tab will open containing the analysis overview.
On this page you will find information about the document and the plagiarism percentage. Below findings you can find the details.
- Click Matching text if you only want to see those parts of the document that are marked as plagiarised.
- Click View the entire document to open the entire document.
- Click Include in analysis to remove a piece of text from the plagiarism detection.
- You will see for each sentence or paragraph on which website or other document the matching text can be found.
- Click next highlight to go to the next sentence or alinea bookmarked as plagiarised.
Here you will find the entire document. The sentences or paragraphs that are marked are plagiarised.
- By clicking the symbol behind the marked text you will see on which website or in which document the text was found.
Via the Urkund Web App
Urkund also has a website where you receive the assignments submitted in Brightspace. Your RU account will be connected to a @analysis.urkund.com where all assignments will be moved to.
It is advised to use the plagiarism detection in Brightspace, because everyone in the course with a teacher role or higher will be able to view the plagiarism scores. With the Web App only the person who turned Urkund on in Brightspace will be able to retrieve the assignment.
If you want to log in to the Urkund Web App, you will need to use your RU email address and a new password. Navigate to https://www.urkund.com/login/.
- Click Web App and Have you forgotten your password when you access the Web App for the first time.
- Enter your RU email address and then click Reset password.
You will then receive an email on your @ru email address. Open this mail and click Reset. Create a new password. You can then log in with your @ru.nl email address and your chosen password.
View report with the Web App
- At the top you will see the email address linked to the RU account. Please note: you will only receive the documents that have been submitted for those assignments you turned on Urkund for. Read more in the manual How do I use Urkund?
- You will see which documents have been analysed.
- Here you will see the plagiarism score. By clicking the plagiarism score you will open the the analysis overview.
When you turn on Urkund you will automatically receive emails when a document has been analysed.
- By clicking the link below Click here to open the analysis you will once again be directed to the analysis overview.
Turn off email notifications
If you do not wish to receive an email about the analysis of every submitted document, then you can turn off the notification setting on the Urkund website.
- Go to https://secure.urkund.com/account/auth/login to log into the Urkund Web App.
- Click Settings.
- Deselect Send report by email.