How do I hide or reveal course content for students? Content | Table of Contents
Brightspace allows you to save content both as a Draft or as Published. Keep in mind that drafts are not visible to students, regardless of any time and date restrictions. Students will not be aware of an item's existence if its status is set to Draft. Make sure that the content you want students to see is set to Published and everything you do not want them to see is set to Draft.
Modules and topics are set to Published by default. Follow these steps if you want to change that:
- Go to Content in the navbar of your course.
- Click the desired module.
- Click on the fold-out arrow next to Published in the top right corner and select Draft (but remember to change it back later).
To change a topic's status:
- Click the fold-out arrow next to a topic name and select Edit Properties In-place.
- Go to the menu to the top right of the HTML editor and select Published → Draft.
(Note: you can also open the topic, scroll down and select Published → Draft below Activity Details)
When a (sub)module is set to Published, but its release date is set to a future date (using the Add dates and restrictions feature), students will be able to see the module name (for instance, Study materials for the second semester). They will not be able to access it yet. You can use this feature to give students hints as to what materials are coming up next, without revealing the actual contents of the module.