How do I add a link to my course? Content | Upload/Create
In the Content menu of your course you can add course material like links. A link allows you to easily guide a student to information from an external source. You can add these links to a (sub)module so that every new link will appear as a topic within this (sub)module.
- Go to Content in the navbar of your course.
- Go to the (sub)module to which you want to add a link.
- Click on Upload/Create.
- Click on Create a Link. A new window will open.
- Give the new link a title.
- Place the url. Check the Open as External Resource box if you want the url to open in a new tab.
- Click Create.
- Always check Open as External Resource if the url starts with https://. Otherwise, a blank page is displayed in Brightspace.
- Links that redirect to information stored in protected environments (e.g.: Raboudnet) will not work.
If you want to know how to edit the properties of the topic or how to move the topic to a different place in content, please read the article How do I change the properties of a topic and how do I move a topic?