How do I use tag lists in an ePortfolio collection?
You can link a tag list to a collection that you have created in your ePortfolio. A tag list is an enumeration of one or more tags that are characteristic of that collection. All items in the ePortfolio that are tagged from a tag list of a collection are automatically placed in this collection.
A collection can also contain tags, but this is something different than a tag list. A tag list is used to automatically put other documents in the collection folder, a tag to a collection is used to organize the collection itself.
- Click on My Items tab.
- Click on the arrow next to the collection to which you want to add a tag list.
- Click Edit.
Scroll down to the Items in Collection heading.
- Click Add to Collection.
- Click on tag list.
The following screen will be opened.
- Enter the name of the tag list here
- Type the name of the tag here.
- Click Add Tag to add the tag.
- Click Save if all tags have been added to the tag list.
- A collection can contain multiple tag lists.
- A tag can be put in multiple tag lists
- In a collection with a tag list that consists of multiple tags, only the items that have all the tags assigned in the tag list will be placed. For example: a tag list to a collection contains the tags green, blue and yellow. Only an item with both the green, blue, and yellow tag is automatically placed in this collection.
- Do you want to have multiple individual tags in a collection? Then add multiple tags lists. For example: A collection contains a tag list with tag blue, a tag list with tag yellow and a tag list with tag red. An item with the tag yellow and / or blue and / or red is automatically placed in this collection.