How do I edit and approve my course information for the next academic year? (SOW)
Log in at OSIRIS Cursusinvoer
To log in, do as follows:
- Go to http://osiris.ru.nl/cursusinvoer
- Choose the institution you work for: Radboud Uniniversity, or Radboud UMC
If you are logging in with a u- or e- number choose Radboud Univiversity, if you are logging in with a z-number choose Radboud UMC
If you log in for the first time you may be asked for approval to grant the site of SURFconext access to OSIRIS. Please do so.
Enter your username and password
You will be asked to enter your credentials in the screen above, at the URL starting with: connext.authenticatie.ru.nl. After entering your credentials click de button "Login"
Select the course you want to edit
To select a course do as follows.
- Click the filter button
- Fill in the search criteria in the search bar. For example the code or (part of) the name of a course. Then hit the enter button to perform the search. It is also possible to use a 'wild-card' to search a part of a code or course name. Use the %-sign as a wildcard.
- The first column shows the number of days until the deadline by which you will need to have updated your course information.
- By using the filter you can increase or decrease the number of courses selected. As soon as you have edited a course it is considered to be 'My course'. You can find it in the filter set "My courses".
This screen shows a summary of the course information details.
- Common information of the course, like name, contact person, coordinating unit, credits. Most of this information cannot be edited by the teaching staff. There are several fields containing information that can be edited. See the next step.
- Instructional modes. These are the instructional modes the course contains. In some faculties the teaching staff is allowed to add or remove instructional modes from a course.
- Tests. Tests are added by the administration of the faculty. Teaching staff cannot add or remove tests. If you have questions concerning tests in your course please contact the administration of your faculty.
- Materials. Teaching staff can add or remove materials from the course. Literature, readers etc, can be selected here, as well as materials like a ruler or a compass.
- Descriptive fields of the course.
- Information on the processing and the status of the course.
- Details. These links lead to the detail information of the section. To edit the sections click the "details" link.
- Back. This link gets you back to the survey page (see previous step).
- Browse buttons enables you to browse through different courses that were listed in the survey view. By using these buttons it is not necessary to get back to the survey page, but you can browse through the different courses.
- Approve button enables you to approve the course. Once approved the course will not be visible anymore on the survey page. The course is submitted to the next step. If you nevertheless would like to edit the course, despite it is already approved, you will have to contact the administration. They can get the course back to the first step, so you can edit and approve the course again.
- When a course is disapproved by the administration, it will be shown here, together with the reason of the disapproval. In the remark field the reason for disapproval is stated.
To edit the common information do as follows.
- Click the detiails link (See previous step) and scroll down. There are the so called "free fields" like "Testing and Literature". Edit the content of these fields when applicable.
- When you are ready editing click the Ready button. After clicking the Ready button you still can edit the contents again. Only when the entire course is approved, you can no longer edit the course information.
Edit Instructional modes
To edit the instructional modes you must do the next steps.
- Click the link "Details" from instructional modes. Then click to change the existing instructional mode, or click the add instructional modes button or remove instructional modes buttons. It depends on the faculty of the course if you can add or remove instructional modes. In some case it is only possible to edit the existing instructional modes.
- When ready editing the instructional modes, you can click the Ready button. After clicking the Ready button you still can edit the contents again. Only when the entire course is approved, you can no longer edit the course information.
To edit materials do as follows.
- Click the link "Details" at materials and click "Change" or "Remove".
- When you want to add new materials (books, readers, etc.), click the button "Add materials". When you add a material you can choose from a number of pre-defined materials. If the material you want to add, is not listed in the list of pre-defined materials, please contact the Administration of your faculty..
- When ready editing materials, click the button "Ready". After clicking the Ready button you still can edit the contents again. Only when the entire course is approved, you can no longer edit the course information.
Edit descritive fields of the course
To edit the Purpose and Content of the course do as follows
- Click the link "Details" at purpose and contents and click the "Change" button
- Edit the Purpose and Contents , in the fields where the English text is. If there is no text yet in the fields, and there is only a English text available, please use the fields Purpose and Content to fill in the English text, and leave the fields marked as "(English)" blank.
- When ready editing click the "ready" button. After clicking the Ready button you still can edit the contents again. Only when the entire course is approved, you can no longer edit the course information.
Descriptive fields will be shown in the course catalog under the heading "Course details". If a field does not contain any information, the field and its label will not show in the course catalog. So there is no need to fill all the descriptive fields.
Add or edit the lecturers of the course
By clicking the details button of the lecturers section you can add or edit the lecturers involved with the course and their role in the course. Each role has specific attributes, that effect OSIRIS as well as the learning management system Brightspace as, well as the course file system.
Approving the course
When all fields are edited and you are satisfied with the course description, you can approve the course. PAY ATTENTION: once the course is approved, it can no longer be edited. The course is however still available to browse by using the "Overview" filter above the search bar. The course is submitted to a next level of approval by the faculty, before it will be "Final" and ready to register for. To approve a course do as follows.
- Click the "Approve" Button. A dialog-box will be shown with information stating that the approval is successful.
- Click the OK button.